Nexl Pty Ltd (ABN 35 629 542 043) (‘Nexl’) Current as at 25 March 2019
Limits in light of the nature of our businessYou acknowledge that:
- we are a small team developing a product that is currently in beta to get your feedback and hopefully produce a product that you will love and enjoy;
- we currently outsource many functions to third party providers. For instance, we do not have any of our own servers to host data on; and
- this is common-practice in the software industry and we strongly believe that the providers we rely on also meet privacy and security best practices and would not use them otherwise.
What personal information is collectedNexl will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you submit to our website, provided to us directly or given to us in other forms. You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send you information, provide updates and process your product or service order. We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support. Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
How we use your personal informationNexl may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information about our products or services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you. Nexl will use personal information only for the purposes that you consent to. This may include to:
- provide you with products and services during the usual course of our business activities;
- administer our business activities;
- manage, research and develop our products and services;
- provide you with information about our products and services;
- communicate with you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to, by telephone, email, sms or mail; and
- investigate any complaints.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for the European Union (EU)Nexl will comply with the principles of data protection set out in the GDPR for the purpose of fairness, transparency and lawful data collection and use. We process your personal information as a Processor and/or to the extent that we are a Controller as defined in the GDPR. We must establish a lawful basis for processing your personal information. The legal basis for which we collect your personal information depends on the data that we collect and how we use it. We will only collect your personal information with your express consent for a specific purpose and any data collected will be to the extent necessary and not excessive for its purpose. We will keep your data safe and secure. We will also process your personal information if it is necessary for our legitimate interests, or to fulfil a contractual or legal obligation. We process your personal information if it is necessary to protect your life or in a medical situation, it is necessary to carry out a public function, a task of public interest or if the function has a clear basis in law. We do not collect or process any personal information from you that is considered “Sensitive Personal Information” under the GDPR, such as personal information relating to your sexual orientation or ethnic origin unless we have obtained your explicit consent, or if it is being collected subject to and in accordance with the GDPR. You must not provide us with your personal information if you are under the age of 16 without the consent of your parent or someone who has parental authority for you. We do not knowingly collect or process the personal information of children.
Your rights under the GDPRIf you are an individual residing in the EU, you have certain rights as to how your personal information is obtained and used. Nexl complies with your rights under the GDPR as to how your personal information is used and controlled if you are an individual residing in the EU Except as otherwise provided in the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- to be informed how your personal information is being used;
- access your personal information (we will provide you with a free copy of it);
- to correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- to delete your personal information (also known as “the right to be forgotten”);
- to restrict processing of your personal information;
- to retain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes;
- to object to your personal information being used; and
- to object against automated decision making and profiling.
Hosting and International Data TransfersInformation that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties or sites located in countries outside of Australia. These parties may include each of our Suppliers and Contractors and hosting facilities. They include, but are not limited to:
- hotjar : https://www.hotjar.com/
- rollbar: https://rollbar.com/
- scout: https://scoutapp.com/
- papertrail: https://papertrailapp.com/
- heroku : https://www.heroku.com/
- Hubspot: https://www.hubspot.com/
- Campaignmonitor: https://www.campaignmonitor.com/
- Clearbit: https://clearbit.com/
- (‘Third Parties’)